Best Fiberglass Insulation Installation in ME | Anderson Insulation of Maine
Fiberglass is a type of flexible fiber, primarily made of glass. It has many uses, but its main purpose is to act as a commercial thermal insulator. By trapping pockets of air, it slows the spread of heat and cold.
Benefits of Fiberglass:
- Cost effective
- Easy to use
- Easy to find
- Doesn’t settle over time
- Reduces fossil fuels created by running heating systems & air conditioners
Owens Corning’s Ecotouch Batt
A fiberglass batt is the most common and widely available type of insulation used in residential and commercial construction. They are pre-cut panels of insulation available in a variety of lengths, widths, and R-values. The R-value of a batt measures the thermal resistance per inch of thickness. Standard batts have an R-value between 2.9 and 3.8, while medium and high-performance batts have an R-value between 3.7 and 4.3.
Many New England homes were constructed using inferior insulation or no insulation at all. Insulation has come a long way in the last half century, giving homeowners the chance to improve comfort levels while saving on energy costs. Blown-in insulation is often used in attic spaces and is blown into walls for new construction, retrofit and re-insulation projects. It is a simple yet effective insulation for increased comfort and energy savings. Anderson has six trucks devoted to blown-in installation.
Fiberglass Blown-In Insulation Is:
- Thermally Efficient – To increase the efficiency of energy in your home, adding fiberglass insulation will help. It will also reduce costly loads for cooling and heating.
- Non-Combustible – Fiberglass material does not combust and will not be a problem if a fire happens to occur.
- Acoustics – Fiberglass insulation is perfect for keeping the acoustics of the walls of a home. Anderson Insulation uses Climate Pro as it not only great insulation for either interior or exterior
- Odor Free – Fiberglass insulation is a good material to use as there are no added chemicals to the insulation that could create noxious odors.
- Decay Free – Climate Pro fiberglass insulation does not absorb moisture that can lead to decay and rotting over the years. Because of this, there will be no thermal reduction in your home.
- Pest Free – Since Climate Pro is all fiberglass, there is nothing to worry about in regards to insects or pests being attracted to the insulation.
Owens Corning® PROPINK® L77 Loosefill Insulation
Appropriate for both new build and remodeling projects, loosefill insulation molds to the shape of your wall cavity for gap-free insulation coverage. Owens Corning’s PROPINK L77 Loosefill Insulation provides superior performance using less material than other sources. It provides excellent coverage, is easy to apply and offers high R-value per inch. PROPINK L77 is the industry leader when it comes to coverage, performance and energy efficiency.
Anderson Insulation offers air sealing to remedy unaccounted for air leaks and drafts throughout your entire home. Once we identify problem areas, we can seal out the weather and seal in the comfort, improving energy efficiency and your energy budget.
Owens Corning® EnergyComplete® Whole Home Insulation and Air Sealing System combines a revolutionary air infiltration barrier with flexible seal technology and proven Owens Corning® PINK Fiberglas™insulation for unsurpassed value and performance. As a total home insulation and air sealing solution, it penetrates deep into cracks and construction gaps, sealing areas where air filtration occurs. This helps make comfort levels more consistent, increases energy efficiency, and protects structures from pests and pollutants.
Fiberglass insulation is a good choice for retrofit insulation for houses, especially those located near any bodies of water. The insulation fits all federal and local building codes and standards, as well as being tested by several independent laboratories across the U.S. and Canada. Fiberglass insulation also is regularly tested by the NAHB Research Foundation in its certification labeling program.
Owens Corning Insulating Systems, LLC is a manufacturer of durable, high-quality fiberglass products and does not sell or endorse other insulation industry products.