Everybody knows fiberglass insulation when they see it! From the time they were a child and were warned by their parents to stay away from it, fiberglass is often the most well known insulating product. But what exactly is it? We’ve put together a list of some Fiberglass Insulation facts to help educate you more.
1. What Is It Made Of?: Fiberglass Insulation is a product made of extremely fine glass fibers.
2. Installation Options: There are often two ways that you’ll see it installed either in flat rolls or loose fill. Anderson Insulation work with the rolls which provide homeowners with a great insulation on their home.
3. It’s Not That Itchy: These days fiberglass isn’t used with formaldehyde which is what made it itchy in the past. Modern fiberglass materials are now used with a more natural plant-based binding agent.
4. Value: If you are looking to spend as little money for a quality product, fiberglass is the choice for you. When it comes to cost per inch, fiberglass always comes out on top over cellulose, mineral wood an even cotton.
5. Recycled Materials: Anything that is made from recycled materials is much better for the environment. Fiberglass insulation is made up of 20%-30% recycled glass materials making it one of the greenest insulation materials you can get.
Anderson Insulation of Maine provides homeowners and businesses with fiberglass insulation across the state of Maine and into parts of New Hampshire. Our customers are thrilled with the benefits that comes along with this insulation and we look forward to our quest of insulating every home that we can.
For more information about fiberglass insulation or our services, please feel free to reach out. We can be contacted over the phone at 207-653-0331 or through our online contact form.